Thursday, June 3, 2010

maybe summer isn't so bad after all

I tend to give summertime a bad rap. But really it's just heat that I hate. I start complaining if it gets above 65 degrees. Summertime itself I actually kind of enjoy. And I'm telling you right now I am entering the staycation part of my life (read: poorness). So I am trying to come up with ways to enjoy and explore where I currently am.

-grilling. veggies, beef, kabobs, anything...and this summer I would like to explore other options including fruit. i'm a pro. my teriyaki/pineapple chicken (from scratch) won 3rd place for my old work at a BBQ competition!
-going for walks
-the light during magic hour (aka the hour before the sun goes down and everything is gold tinted)
-many many cold beverages (and the first summer that these will include alcohol)
-long days
-playgrounds at night. fiance and i spent many a night at playgrounds talking into the wee hours in the beginning of our relationship.
-dresses.
-my hair does awesome things during the summer. for reals, i gave up trying to tame it long ago. i wash, spray anti-frizzer and air dry. it's like magic.
-minimal makeup. tinted moisturizer with spf gets a gold star in my book.
-straw hats. to protect my delicate (read: transparent) pale skin.
-inevitable laziness and free time.
-reading books. maybe this will become a year round indulgence now that i'll be out of school
-driving with the sunroof open and windows down (music blasting)
-meals that consist of things like fruit, cucumber, popcorn and caprese salad. though not necessarily all together. but maybe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the list :)