so check it out. there's this cool thing that LA does, called cinespia. Every weekend during the summer, they play old school movies on a big projector...at the hollywood forever cemetary. Ok it sounds a little creepy, but as long as I avoid watching a horror movie in the cemetary (cuz really that's just dumb, you're totally asking for it!) I'm good. and no, you're not camping out on gravesites, but a big open lawn adjacent to them.
I went with my cousin and aunt last summer to see "some like it hot" with marilyn monroe. It was SO fun. We brought some cheese, bread, grapes, water and blankets and sweaters to enjoy the night. dude we were totally amateurs. There's people that bring small tables (really low to the ground), full table settings, candles, wine, MEALS. it was impressive. cousin and i are preparing for round dos this summer sometime. especially because my new apartment is TWO MILES away. (though it's through a sketch part of town...so no walking after dark.)
If I wasn't going to be in the middle of moving, I'd totally be there this weekend for the showing of "arsenic and old lace". I have many many old hollywood movies I'd like to cross off my list. Next week is "saturday night fever"...hmmm i definitely had a crush on john travolta in my middle school days thanks to "grease". awkward?
1 comment:
I've ALWAYS wanted to go to cinespia. Let's go later this summer!
Post a Comment