my work is in downtown LA. right smack dab in the middle of all those skyscrapers. I'm LOVING the city vibe. so different from anywhere I've ever lived or worked. I've been getting to walk around a bit during my lunch breaks. I realized my building is across the street from the standard hotel, I can see their rooftop pool from our breakroom.
Last friday some co-workers and I went to a fantastic little japanese/sushi place a couple blocks down called octopus. the lunch special was $9 but when you consider it's downtown LA and the amount of food I got (california roll, teriyaki salmon, miso soup, rice, salad) I thought it was a pretty decent deal. i would also like to recommend the garlic butter edamame. YUM.
so you've seen (500) days of summer. right? yes, of course. well that whole montage scene where tom shows summer all the buildings in downtown made me totally geek out. maybe it's because i studied/work in engineering/construction and I'm a nerd about buildings. but i don't think i could ever get sick of seeing tall buildings. especially in LA where there's intricate historic stone structures mingling with rigid steel and glass high rises. so cool to see. I try not to be obvious and not trip in the crosswalk as I stare at the tall buildings when I'm walking to work from the metro station. I'm still too embarassed to try and take pictures for fear of looking like a tourist in my own (new) town. I felt the same way in europe, mostly in awe at the age of said buildings. But London has an even more impressive juxtaposition of contrasting buildings. love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment