Friday, November 7, 2008

loving england

one reason i love the british?
their sense of humor cracks me up. I admire the subtle, quick wit.
for example, Sam Bompas and Harry Parr, two "architectural foodsmiths" known for their jellies (no joke), relay a particularly engaging interview here. I just read it with a british accent in my head. I am unfortunately not gifted with the talent of speaking in accents.

I have found myself seeking every movie that takes place in england, and for some reason particularly period pieces. Yesterday was Pride and Prejudice. Jane Austen is pretty witty, I need to get my hands on some of her books.

Urban Outfitters somehow discovered my longing for all things British by creating items symbolic of the land of the Queen Mum. Mostly ridiculous and comletely unnecessary, but still soothing:
Giant union jack tapestry. modeled online as a wall hanging, chair cover or blanket.
slightly obnoxious but totally amazing.

How about a shower curtain boasting the Eurail train map? I can shampoo AND plan out my next trip!

a lovely charm necklace featuring big ben, a tea cup and saucer, an english rose and a little Royal Guard. (Confession: I bought this...)

Cambridge University! I would actually be legit wearing this because I actually went there for 5 weeks. sadly it is sold out. :(


It's not that I don't love America, I really do...I just love England a little bit more ;)

No comments: