Monday, June 23, 2008

'ello!

how about some photos from Cambridge University!

I'm at Pembroke College, which is the 3rd oldest. there's about 30 colleges in the university and they are very separate from each other and have rivalries and such. is it weird that i'm in love with everyone's accents? It's ridiculously beautiful here. My dorm room is huge with a sink in it, and the bathroom is only 2 doors down. We had a formal dinner tonight with a 3 course meal. The town is really cute with tons of shops.

I had my creative writing class today, it sounds like it will be really fun. 5 weeks sounds so daunting but it's going by so fast. Everyone is getting along so well, it's wonderful. i can't believe i'm here. i keep forgetting that i'm in another country, on another continent. England has far surpassed my expectations.

My t-mobile situation pretty much doesn't work. I think i'm just going to rent a phone over here. I can get one for 5 pounds and pay 20 pence/minute or less for any calls.

We're going punting tomorrow, more on that later. And I leave for Scotland on Wednesday, which will be quite majestic.

No comments: