I started this blog as an outlet to satiate my desire for travel. I studied abroad in 2008 and have been itching for more travel ever since. The opportunity hadn’t come up and life got in the way for a bit. I’m so excited to say I’ll finally be dusting off my passport for this summer. In June I’ll be on a plane to Swaziland!
Why Swaziland? I’m heading there with my husband and group of 7 other people to work with the most amazing organization: Advocates for Africa’s Children. I highly encourage you to explore the website to learn about all the amazing work they are doing in Swaziland; their mission statement, purpose and core values are so powerful.
AFAC’s Mission Statement:
To empower the African People to care for orphans and fight the spread of HIV/AIDS.
AFAC’s Purpose:
To express the love of Christ to widows and orphans.
AFAC’s Core Values:
Empowerment, Christ-centered, sustainability, and food security.
Over the span of 10 days we’ll be helping care for orphans, tend to crops, feed dairy goats, and build a new church. I’m so so excited. I’ll definitely be taking lots of photos and doing lots of journaling, it will be so overwhelming and exhausting but absolutely life changing.
If you have any questions, comments or want to help support our team and the organization please message me!
No comments:
Post a Comment