Sunday, October 3, 2010

neon sun

It just so happens that I ended up driving through Beverly Hills and West Hollywood via Santa Monica Blvd twice this week. The first time was at night and I noticed some very large and kind of random neon signs, in the center divider. Hey, it's L.A. right? Nothing here is normal. The second time, was during the day, and it was a bit traffic-y, so I got a closer look at one of these signs and made a mental note of the website at the bottom: neonmona.org.

Remember when I posted about the Neon Boneyard outside Vegas? (Which I still need to make a trip to see!) Well turns out Los Angeles, has their very own Museum of Neon Art.
These neon signs I spotted are intentionally placed, as part of a neon exhibit, along the historic Route 66 (another dream road trip of mine, LA to chicago along the old Route 66, but I digress).

Visit here for a slideshow of all the pieces involved, or just take a little drive through LA! (which I plan to do soon!)

No comments: