Sunday, July 20, 2008

boo on CBP

so i started doing a little research on customs declarations just to see what is and isn't allowed. I didn't realize i have to declare EVERYTHING i have bought that i'm planning to bring back. I have a $800 personal exemption, so if i go over then i have to pay duties. Even gifts are included in the exemption. it's not just food but clothes and like lotion and stuff. it's a bit confusing. so i guess i need to start keeping track of how much everything has cost. I'm not worried about going over my exemption amount but they're really strict about making you declare every single thing and it's value in US dollars or else you have to forfeit it. I can't believe they're that picky.

p.s. UCI tuition went up by almost $500 per quarter. and parking permits increased. lame. the budget hurts a little.

No comments: